- Skin during summer is very sensitive and one needs to take extra care for beautiful and glowing skin. In order to have smooth and flawless skin you need to follow good summer skin care regime.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise. It is essential to cleanse, tone and moisturise daily. Finding the right products for summer is essential. Choose a soap-free cleanser and follow-up with an alcohol-free toner. Or use plain rosewater.
- Using sunscreens is main part of skin care during summers
- Selecting a sunscreen you should make sure it has both UVA and UVB coverage and has nothing less than 15 sun protection factor. Plus, using sunscreens for summer skin care you should keep in mind that they do not provide the desired skin protection right after their application. Thus, you should not apply them outside or on the beach, because it can take up to 20 minutes for them to really start working. Moreover, most of the sunscreens provide protection only for few hours and have to be re-applied every 2-3 hours or after every bathing or swimming.
- Ideally wearing long sleeved clothes helps you protect your skin
- Always protect your face with an umbrella or a hat.
- Apply sunscreen every two hours, regardless of the SPF level. Over time, sunscreen wears off by being touched, rubbed off with towels or by sweating.
MOISTURISING YOUR SKIN
- One of the ways of providing summer skin care is moisturizing. For, during the hot season of the year skin can become dry and it needs all the moisture it can get to remain healthy and beautifully looking. There are two main types of moisturizers you may use. Those are liquid and cream moisturizers. The first type is good for less dry skin or for summer care for acne prone skin. Because most people with acne prone skin condition tend to have problems with oily skin.Though, this does not mean that summer care for acne prone skin should not include moisturizing.
- In most climates, humidity climbs during the hot season. As humidity rises, so does moisture content in the skin. As a result, skin becomes less dry and requires lighter moisturizers. Look for hyaluronic acid based products for light weight hydration
CLEANSING YOUR SKIN
- Oily skin needs lots of attention as it is susceptible to any skin diseases. Rose water is an excellent skin cleaner. Apart from applying toner you must drink plenty of water to prevent skin dehydration
- If you have oily skin, wash your face at least twice a day with a non-creamy cleanser. If you have dry skin, wash in the morning with a gentle, creamy cleanser but also at bedtime to remove oil and makeup.
- Make it a habit to wash your face gently with water a number of times in a day (try and use mineral water). You can splash as many as 20 times as long as you don't use very hot or cold water on your skin (which can cause fine vein to appear on your face).
In winter your skin's natural oils solidify, whereas in summer they flow freely.
- Use a mask. Masks help to absorb excess oil and clean pores. Frequent use of these products will help keep skin looking more clear and a little less shiny.
- Carry an oil absorber with you for late afternoon touch-ups.
- Cleansers and toners may also need a little boosting. Something with salicylic acid will help control blackheads as well as keep skin smooth and soft.
- All acne treatments make skin more sensitive to the sun, making skin more vulnerable to sunburn
- If you have oily skin, make sure that all your skin products are labeled Noncomedogenic as this will ensure that they do not clog your pores. You can find a good quality sunscreen and use this whenever you go out.